Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm a genius!

Well not really.  I finally cracked open the manual that came with my Bernina that my grandma gave me for my high school graduation in 2000.  That means I've had the machine for 9 years without ever reading the manual.  And wow was I impressed!  I learned what some of the random things that were included with my machine were for.  But more importantly I learned what some of the stitches were for.  I was especially excited to discover that I have a stitch specifically for knits that stretches with the knit.  AMAZING! I'm using it on a sweater jumper I'm making for Ellie out of an old sweater vest of mine.  I found a tutorial here that I got the idea from (but I've made a lot of changes).  I'll post pictures later.  In the meantime, I recommend that you bust out your machine manual and see if you learn something new.  I sure as heck did!

1 comment:

  1. I only realized after having my machine for 3 years that it does not only 1 stitch but 7 different kinds. i was always too afraid to mess with the knobs at first.

    ReplyDelete