Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving Centerpiece

My wonderful mother-in-law put me in charge of makin the centerpiece for our thanksgiving dinner.  I'll be honest, I've never been a huge fan on centerpieces.  I guess the word conjures up images of oversized things that don't allow you to see the person sitting across from you, something stuffy, or toll-painted (which may be worse).  But I was excited to try my hand at it.  And I came across this great tutorial on making these things called yo-yo's, so I had to try it out.  I liked the result.  We'll put an amber-colored glass bowl in the middle with autumn stuff (acorns, etc.), in the middle.

I also picked up a remnant of this red/green/gold striped fabric at Walmart.  I cut out four squares and sewed them together to make a nice square (the real table is square, so I wanted it to fitI didn't like the gold part of it, so I cut it off and sewed on a border of the same gold fabric as the yo-yo's.  I really like how it all turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment